There are three ways to vote in the November 8 General Election:
- By mail from home (now thru Election Day)
- In person at polling places during the early voting period (October 22-November 4, 2022)
- In person at polling places on election day (November 8)
- In order to get a mail-in ballot, you need to submit a mail-in ballot application by November 1, 2022. You can download an application for a mail-in ballot here.
Mail-in ballots cannot be dropped off at polling places on Election Day. Once you’ve voted with a mail-in ballot, you have several ways to return it so your vote is counted: by mail, by collection box, or in person during the early voting period.
Early voting for the November 8, 2022 State Election will be held October 22 – November 4.
Important Dates to Remember for Mail-In Ballots for the November 8, 2022 Election:
- Mail-in Ballots returned in person during the early voting period or by drop box (see below for drop box locations in the 3rd Hampshire) must be delivered by 8 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
- Mail-in Ballots returned by mail from inside the United States must be postmarked by Election Day (November 8, 2022) and reach your local election office by 5 p.m. on November 12, 2022. (Note: mailed ballots received after 8 p.m. on Election Day can only be counted if they are postmarked by Election Day.)
COLLECTION BOXES FOR MAIL-IN BALLOTS: Towns in the 3rd Hampshire have collection boxes (or drop boxes) for your completed ballot. Their locations are:
- AMHERST: 4 Boltwood Avenue (Main St. side of Town Hall)
- GRANBY: 215 B West State Street
- PELHAM: 351 Amherst Road (Town Offices/Rhodes Building)
You can track your ballot here, once you’ve submitted it.