The state legislature website includes information on every bill that has been filed in this session, and previous ones, Representatives, State Senators, Committees, Commissions, the budget process and more.
Some of the aspects of Massachusetts lawmaking that you can learn about on the website are:
- General Laws of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts State Constitution
- Legislation – individual bills – under consideration
- Schedule of Committee Hearings
- Live video of House of Representatives sessions
- Tracking state legislation
- The budget process
In May 2021, Paul Pak from LIS provided a brief webinar for western Massachusetts health and human service providers who are members of COSA (Council of Social Agencies) on – and a tour of – the website and many of its features. This webinar can give you a sense of what information you’re able to find on the state legislature’s website and how to do so. It will also show you how to make an account on the site where you can track legislation of interest.
We will post updates to the site, as we learn of them.
View the webinar here or below.