Every bill is assigned to a Committee. Your advocacy on bills can take the form of written comment (or testimony). You can direct and e-mail your comment to the Chairs of the particular Committee that has been charged to review the bill. You can also email your statement to Rep. Domb’s office (send to: Mindy.Domb@mahouse.gov) and we will deliver it to the Chair of the Committee.
These tips may be helpful in writing your comment:
- Provide your name, residential address, town;
- Identify the bill you’re writing about (by number and description);
- State your position (support/oppose) on the bill;
- Why is this bill important to you? Describe your reason for your interest in the bill (for example: the need you experience, or have identified, and why you care about this issue);
- Describe the impact of the proposed legislation on you or those in your community (for example: how the bill would remedy or address the need);
- State the action you’d like on the bill (for example: “I urge you to advance the bill and report it out favorably.”); and
- Thank the Chairs for their consideration.
You can find out about upcoming Committee Public Hearings here.
You can track the progress of the bill here:
- Go to “Hearings and Events” for a current schedule.
It brings you to a calendar of hearings by month.
- Find the hearing you’re interested in, and click on the title.
- The event details and the agenda will appear.
- The details (left corner) will show you the date, time and location.
- The agenda will show you every piece of legislation that is being considered in a given hearing.
- Click on the bill number, and you’re brought to the bill’s page where you can view and download the text of the bill.