During the COVID-19 pandemic, data is critical to seeing and understanding the impact of the pandemic as well as to identify needs and trends, and assess our efforts to address it.
One can find a variety of public health reports on the pandemic here, these reports are assembled and issued by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and reflect priorities identified by the legislature. The weekly public health report includes some data on some institutions of higher education.
In the absence of a data dashboard or place to access information on all higher education institutions in the Commonwealth, our office developed a statewide COVID-19 Data Tracker. You can download the trackers for public or private institutions below. We’ve also included downloads for source links which were used in creating the tracker.
PLEASE NOTE: While we include as much information as possible about when each institution publicly updates their information, data is subject to change without notification.
A few notes on the data collection:
1. This spreadsheet includes publicly available data on each indivdual institution’s website.
2. The data is updated on this spreadsheet every Tuesday morning and will be uploaded and available on Wednesday mornings.
3. Links for sources of this data can be provided.
4. Schools without testing programs, in-person classes, or without information on testing readily available on their website are listed as “unable to locate public data”.
1. The frequency that each institution’s data is updated is denoted in the first column.
2. Some data is measured over two weeks or 30 days; this is denoted in each column for the applicable institutions. We regret this lack of consistency.
3. Some test results share only greater than or less than a certain number for confidentiality purposes; this is shown in each column for the applicable institutions. We recommend that this is another area that could benefit from consistent guidance.
These trackers and their spreadsheets are comprised of publicly available data. We have not had communication with institutions about the information provided.
COVID-19 Data Trackers below:
Source Links for the COVID-19 Data Trackers here:
Other information on COVID-19 Surveillance on Higher Education Campuses: