We are accepting applications for internship positions in Rep Domb’s office. Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with Rep Domb and her team on key projects, constituent services, and district advocacy. Interns must have strong written and oral communication skills, excellent work ethic, a commitment to serving the residents of Amherst, Pelham and Granby. Due to the coronavirus emergency, our office is working remotely. Interns would also be expected to work remotely at this time and have the capacity to do so.
Unfortunately, internships are not paid. Applicants can seek financial assistance and grants on their own from outside sources. Applicants can also employ strategies to obtain academic credit for their internship experience. Please let us know if you plan to receive funding from an outside source or if you plan to obtain academic credit for your experience. In some cases, stipends may be available.
Time commitment: 5-15 hours per week
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, some of these responsibilities may have changed.
Potential Intern Duties:
• Research local and state policy issues
• Assist and support residents of Amherst, Pelham and Granby with problems with state government and programs
• Enter data and track correspondence
• Staff Rep Domb and/or attend events on her behalf *
• Plan and organize events
• Assist with communications
• Develop content for social media
• Attend committee hearings *
* these activities may happen either remotely or not at all.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, good judgement
• Commitment to public service and assisting residents across the district
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the communities in the district
• Strong organizational and research skills
• Professional, responsible, and dedicated to self-development
• Strong interest in government, policy, and the legislative process
• Interest in government and policy, good research skills
• Self motivated and ability to be supervised remotely
• Knowledge of Massachusetts state politics and the legislative process a plus
If you have any questions:
please contact Katie O’Leary at email@example.com