We are accepting applications for internship positions in Rep Domb’s office. Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with Rep Domb and her team on key projects, constituent services, and district advocacy. Interns must have strong written and oral communication skills, excellent work ethic, a commitment to serving the residents of the 3rd Hampshire District.
Due to the coronavirus, our office continues to work remotely. Interns would be expected to work remotely at this time and have the capacity to do so.
Applicants can seek financial assistance and grants on their own from outside sources. Applicants can also employ strategies to obtain academic credit for their internship experience. Please let us know if you plan to receive funding from an outside source or if you plan to obtain academic credit for your experience. In some cases, stipends may be available.
Time commitment: 5-15 hours per week
Potential Intern Duties:
• Research local and state policy issues
• Staff Rep Domb and/or attend events on her behalf *
• Assist with the planning and organizing of events
• Assist with communications
• Develop content for social media
• Attend committee hearings *
* these activities may happen remotely
• Strong written and oral communication skills, good judgement
• Commitment to public service and assisting residents across the district
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the communities in the district
• Strong organizational and research skills
• Professional, responsible, and dedicated to self-development
• Strong interest in government, policy, and the legislative process
• Interest in government and policy, good research skills
• Self motivated and ability to be supervised remotely
• Knowledge of Massachusetts state politics and the legislative process a plus
If you have any questions:
please contact us Lily Stowe-Alekman at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship Inquiry” in the subject.